Want to nominate someone for an award for the great job they have done? Please submit both peer and self-nominated award submissions to Julie Purdy at email@example.com by May 3rd, 2015 in order to be considered for the Volunteer Recognitions on June 2nd, 2015. Please provide who you would like to submit, for which award and why you would like your candidate to be considered.
Peer Nominated Awards: 1. The Outstanding Volunteer Award recognizes an adult in a position other than leader or in addition to being a leader whose service benefits a service unit area or program audience in a way that is beyond the expectations for the position. (More than one person may receive this award in a service unit, in the same year.)
2. The Outstanding Leader Award recognizes troop leaders and assistant troop leaders whose performance in working with girls is so outstanding that it merits recognition by the service unit. (More than one person per service unit/per year may receive this award.)
3. The Spirit Award recognizes non-member individuals, groups/ organizations, or businesses that offer service or non-monetary support that is deserving of council-wide recognition.
4. The Rookie of the Year Award recognizes someone who is new to our service unit the year who is doing 100% and it really shows.
5. The Cookie Parent Award recognizes a volunteer that really helped the troop or service unit be successful with cookie sales.
1. The Award of Distinction recognizes members of the service unit team or leaders/co-leaders who have carried out the duties and responsibilities of the position that they hold for the entire year.
2. The Adult Position Bar indicates the present position of a volunteer in the Girl Scout organization. A yellow pin indicates the position of leader/co-leader and the red a Service Unit Team Member. New members to the team or leaders will receive this pin.
3. A Pin for the Number of Years in Girl Scouts (as an adult AND a girl) is given with special pins for 5, 10, 15, etc.